Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Vet, part 1


Miss Maizy A and I went to the vet yesterday to have him take a look at her knees. Maizy was happy as a clam to be going somewhere, as usual, but unhappy when she had to get on the vet's table to be examined. The vet felt around her hips and knees, but couldn't tell much through Maizy's muscular build. We have an appointment to go back on Friday where Maizy will be sedated for xrays. I can't think of a time when I've left her ANYWHERE since she was a puppy and was spayed, so I am kind of upset about the thought of leaving her behind. I will be going into work late and leaving early in order to drop her off and pick her up. I know she'll be in good hands, but I worry that she'll be sad without me! You can't explain what's going on to a dog.

Anyway, so we have that scheduled. Also, the vet said that Maizy looked skinny. He looked at her records and she has lost 6 lbs since the fall, so I have to up her food. She is down to a scrawny 68 lbs!
After we got home, Maizy was happy to lounge on the couch under her quilt. She is such a baby.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I feel the same about Dannan. I don't like to have to leave him either, because I can't explain to him what's happening. I hope that the x-rays tell the vet what's going on, and that it's simple and easy to fix. Our paws will be crossed.