Thursday, April 22, 2010


In recent months, I have made many changes to the house that I now share with my revised family of 4 dogs and 2 cats. No other people live with me, so I have had lots of freedom to move things around as they suit me (and my furry friends). Additionally, I was laid off from my full time job in January, so I also have lots of time to make these changes. The house isn't done, but has been majorly transformed in the past few months, that's for sure!

One of the changes has been moving the pups to the basement and starting to convert it to a "dog room." The basement is heated and is very comfortable and they all seem happy there, a bit more secluded from the outside noises that sometimes disturb them. They are still allowed into the main house, but their crates are in the dog room. It's working out really well and gives them more space than they had previously in my bedroom or the second bedroom.

So I was concerned one night a few months ago when I heard the basement carbon monoxide detector blaring in the middle of the night. It is so loud and I worried about the pups and raced downstairs. I got there to see that the "gas" indicator on the detector was lit, but I didn't smell any natural gas. What I did smell was poop. Dog poop. And it was located in Wrigley's crate. Poor Wrigley. Guess that carbon monoxide detector is good for multiple things, eh?


Rachel said...

Oh Wrigley!!!!

Chris said...

That's just too funny!